Addiction can affect all aspects of life, and creates negative stressors for addicted individuals, their family and friends, as well as coworkers and the people who come into contact with them during their daily activities.
Education and the ready availability of information are essential. Below we have listed additional useful resource help for addiction relating to alcoholism, drug abuse and chemical dependency, mental illness and relationship problems.
We hope that you will use these resources to help as a guide before, during and after addiction treatment at theaddictionplace.com. Please check back often for updates as we expand our online addiction resources regularly.
Help for Addiction Web Links
- Alcoholics Anonymous
- Narcotics Anonymous
- Gamblers Anonymous
- National Institute of Drug Abuse
- NIDA for Teens – The Science Behind Drug Abuse
- Women in Distress
- Kids In Distress
- Rape, Abuse, and Incest National Network (RAINN)
- Domestic Violence and Abuse Guide
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
Emergency Hot Line Phone Numbers
- Domestic Abuse Helpline – 1-888-7HELPLINE
- National Domestic Hotline – 1-800-799-7233
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline – 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
- Suicide Hotline – 1-800-SUICIDE